It fascinates me that people are questioning the value of people gaining proper blood flow! I am seeing veins through my skin that I have never seen! I feel far more vibrant than I have in years! I have to nap every four hours - but I'm ok with that! Babies sleep to grow - I'm sleeping to heal!
My muscles are becoming seriously weak because the spasticity that was holding me together is now reducing! I had a good chat with my chiropractor about this & he agrees that doing cardio (now that my blood flow is working properly) is a good place to start. It will send lots of oxygen to my weakening muscles which will prepare them nicely for weight training.
I will be doing yoga too! I'm actually better at Kundalini yoga right now as the pose holding in Hatha yoga is tough with the lack of strength! I thought it may be the other way - but I'm just listening to my body! I'm like Raggedy-Ann! Rather than tipping over due to lack of balance, now I collapse like a puppet with no strings!
I'll be calling Amy in our Calgary HR department tomorrow to get my membership started at Beltline pool & back at Heavens Fitness. I am so thrilled that my body is once again allowing me to do strengthening exercises to help bring me back! I hope these memberships continue when I'm on LTD... oh God, one more thing to figure out! yikes!
I am really concerned, however, by the apparent continuing trouble with cognitive skills. I am useless if there are any distractions or interruptions! I am hoping with time & proper blood flow that this capability will come back! I still have to write everything down & ask for confirmation that I understand properly!
My EDSS scoring performed by my neurologist on August 4/2010 showed that I have improved to be back at where I was in 2008! This is thrilling! To have that much un-refutable evidence only 14 days post angioplasty! My neurologist was quietly pleased and stressed that I am still sick and am in no position to continue jumping back into work! I know that! I am pleased that it is confirmed by my doctor!
Now onto LTD... the f*cking disability company who always couriers documents for next day delivery when they need something - put my LTD documents in the mail! the Thursday before a long weekend - knowing full well that my neurology appointment was on the next Wednesday! I did not get the documents until later Thursday afternoon - after I'd returned from my family doctor appointment!!! Bastards! Now my family doc will be completing the forms. The disability co has not accepted any of her documentss to date. My neurologist is pissed off at them & advised me to tell them if they want information directly from him, the have to contact him directly. More delays! The time delay once LTD is approved is one month until you get paid - my last paycheck is Sept 9... I'm worried that based on the past history of dealing with the disability company I may not get paid again for months! FRIGHTENING! I have no idea what I am going to do other than rack up the Visa! How do they get away with this? May have a chat with a lawyer friend of mine...
Tomorrow, I have to make another appointment with my family doc this week to fill out all the forms...I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment