OK... I started this blog with a list of what I cannot do & what I want to be able to do.... let's update that...UPDATES ARE IN CAPS!
note also - my EDSS score in Bulgaria pre angioplasty was 5.5, I'll be tested today by my neurologist & let you know later :)
1. severe primary MS fatigue (tested at 74/84... 84 is worst) GONE!!!!! I WANT TO GET TESTED AGAIN ASAP!
2. dizzy GONE!!!!
3. brain fog 95% GONE!!!
4. eyes are always feeling pressure, hard to focus PRESSURE IS GONE!!! STILL A BIT OF TROUBLE FOCUSING
5. slight left foot drop 95% GONE!!! I DISCOVERED I CAN'T HOPSCOTCH SKIP YET - BUT PRACTICE MAY HELP! LOL
6. numb stripe from my lower left nostril to just under my chin THIS HAS MOVED TO THE MIDDLE OF MY LEFT CHEEK!?
7. balance issues GONE!!!!!!!!!
8. swear more when I'm tired PERHAPS THIS HAS MORE TO DO WITH BEING PISSED OFF!!!
9. trouble absorbing information - once it gets in I'm not bad at retrieving it STILL HAVE THIS - AGAIN, PERHAPS IN TIME...
10. #9 being said - memory issues - trouble grasping the word I want to say or write THIS IS GETTING BETTER :)
11. can't read a book anymore because I can't process the info I'M PRACTICING READING BOOKS I'VE ALREADY READ - GETTING BETTER :)
12. don't absorb info aurally (need to have everything written down) STILL AN ISSUE!
13. too tired to cook a lot - which is bad, because take out is salty FATIGUE IS GONE & I RECOVER FROM BEING NORMAL TIRED AFTER NAPPING :)
14. can't hold my arms above my head so I don't blow dry my hair etc because my arms just get too weak BLOW DRIER IS WORKING :)
15. trouble eating soup - lower lip doesn't always cooperate HAVEN'T TRIED THIS YET
16. I can walk on pine needles... apparently they hurt other peoples feet! I DON'T THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO DO THIS AS I AM WAY MORE SENSITIVE ALL OVER :)
17. understanding what a zombie feels like... I STILL UNDERSTAND, BUT AM NOT ACTING IT OUT EVERY DAY :)
18. acute ability to identify people that I do not need in my life STILL HAVE THIS :)
19. trouble focusing my eyes STILL HAVE THIS :(
20. trouble concentrating STILL HAVE THIS... BUT IT'S BETTER
21. the ability to drink copious amounts of kale smoothies :) Thank you Dr. Embry MMMM KALE :)
22. walk with a cane due to dizziness (hopefully, I can "forget" the cane in Sophia...) CANE, HAVEN'T USED THAT SINCE I GOT ON THE OPERATING TABLE :)
23. loss of sexual sensitivity (a few friends have told me that they got this groove back after liberation! woo hoo!) Me & the BF can't wait to test that one out :) FEEL SO MUCH MORE - HAVE TO ADAPT A BIT & GET USED TO IT!!! PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT ;)
Here's a list of stuff I haven't been able to do for years... and some things I'll hopefully experience post liberation...
1. ride a bicycle HAVEN'T TRIED YET
2. the old school 4 big wheel rollerskating :) HAVEN'T TRIED YET
3. rollerblade *I never learned how - this is something I hope to try one day & not break a rib HAVE TO BUILD UP MY STRENGTH FIRST
4. play soccer HAVE TO BUILD UP MY STRENGTH FIRST
5. run I RAN FOR THE BUS THE OTHER DAY! 2 BLOCKS! AMAZING :)
6. jump I CAN DO THIS!!!!! :)
7. be "normal" tired I CAN DO THIS :)
8. have the ability to learn new things - read music, play piano HAVE TO GET MY STRENGTH BACK & GET THE COGNITIVE BETTER FIRST
9. not have to think about meting out my energy when I wake up every morning I STILL DO THIS OUT OF HABIT I THINK PLUS I REALLY ENJOY NAPPING NOW BECAUSE I FEEL BETTER
10. throw dinner parties HAVE TO MOVE MY DINING ROOM TABLE INTO MY CONDO FIRST! LOL
11. work 7.5 hours/day & still have energy to live life GOTTA GET THE COGNITIVE BETTER & BUILD BACK MY STRENGTH FROM THE LOSS OF SPASTICITY WHICH WAS HOLDING ME TOGETHER!
12. not have to deal with the f'cking disability company any more CAN'T WAIT!!!!
13. read books again TRYING!
14. stop playing Farmville 'cause I'll be at work or our rollerblading :) DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment