This is my new mantra! I swore before I was able to get the CCSVI liberation angioplasty that when I was able to have the procedure, I would fight my hardest & scream from the rooftops to get this treatment available to everyone who needs it! The rooftops are crumbling and the media is jumping on the "controversy" bandwagon & fighting us at every outlet!
I just commented on a friend's post on Facebook where she was questioning our fight as becoming meaningless due to all the current negative press "Be like the Italians & treat it as TWO separate diseases! Fix the VASCULAR problem of CCSVI and make the connection, if any, to MS in conjunction! (friend) the fight is NEVER meaningless! They are showing their foolish panic reaction now & we shall win with logic, truth and anecdotal proof which is LOWERING MS EDSS scores everywhere!"
I have called into radio shows across Canada & have been treated with almost polite contempt. I have left my name & number with news channels and have had no response - it could be just like another Facebook friend said "I am tired and stepping back from the media now because the truth will all come out and no matter what we say to these turds they will still say it doesn't work. We all know and seen it does so not wasting my time or energy on them. MSS your days are numbered mark my words :-)" Perhaps it is my good Karma which is preventing the naysayer media from contacting me. Do I need them changing my words? I think not. The MSS and the American NMSS gave all of the funding for CCSVI research to NEUROLOGISTS! THIS IS A VASCULAR DISEASE - WHY ARE NEUROLOGISTS DOING THE RESEARCH?
I saw the look of excitement in the eyes of my neurologist when he was testing me & the results were good - I know he knows there is a lot more to this than the MS Society or other naysayers are gladly parading all over media right now! I know he was hesitant when handing my prescription renewal for a CRAB drug. I know he wants to see me and all his other patients heal & get our lives back.
We who have been treated outside Canada REQUIRE follow up testing to be made available to us in Canada! We who have been treated outside Canada REQUIRE follow up angioplasty should our veins re-stenose. We who are unable to travel outside Canada REQUIRE testing and treatment for CCSVI - a VASCULAR DISEASE, regardless of whether we have also got a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. The Alberta Health Act states "All residents must be covered for “medically necessary” health services" - CCSVI follow up is a medically necessary health service! I'll be chatting about this with my GP this week :)
I'm having lunch next week with a friend who also happens to be a lawyer & he is fascinated by all of this - should be an interesting lunch :)
Sorry - not sure if the Alberta health act states that... the Canada Health Act certainly does!
ReplyDelete