NEW things:
1. spasticity is leaving my muscles - so they are super weak & having to be rebuilt
2. due to weak muscles I get tired quickly - BUT if I have a 20 minute nap - I feel strong & rested when I wake up
3. I sleep more deeply
4. I dream more
5. headaches
6. breathing more deeply
7. better sense of taste
8. better sense of smell
9. when I jump, my toes actually come off the ground
10. I can run for 3 blocks!
11. I can ride my bike - haven't done that for over 4 years due to balance issues
I've updated my previous "what's wrong with me" list....
POST angioplasty results are on the left in CAPS & the PRE angioplasty symptoms are on the right below: (NEW things are after the first list)
1. 95% BETTER: Severe primary MS Fatigue testing at 76 on a scale of 85, I was sleeping upwards of 16 hours a day with no relief.
2. 90% GONE I still have a few issues because of the eye tracking getting worse (see below): dizzy
3. 90% brain fog/0% cog fog GONE - what I called brain fog - heavy, pressure, thickness has almost totally gone away, BUT I still have COG FOG which I didn't realize were 2 separate things until post angioplasty, I still have cognitive issues regarding incoming info or paying attention and am still easily distracted : brain fog
4. 70% GONE - I have pressure, but better than before (see notes regarding eye tracking below): eyes are always feeling pressure, hard to focus
5. 95% GONE - gets worse if I try to walk quickly: slight left foot drop
6. 80% GONE: numb stripe from my lower left nostril to just under my chin
7. 95% GONE: balance issues
8. 95% GONE - I just swear about neurologists making decisions about a vascular disease now: I swear more and have a lower tolerance level when I'm tired
9. 0% improvement :trouble absorbing information - once it gets in I'm not bad at retrieving it
10. 95% BETTER: #9 being said - memory issues - trouble grasping the word I want to say or write
11. 75% BETTER :) I read an 800 page book in a week. I took it more slowly to absorb info, but I could follow it : can't read a book anymore because I can't process the info
12. 50% BETTER: don't absorb info aurally (need to have everything written down)
13. 75% BETTER - I find I get really tired now because the spasticity is leaving my muscles & I'm weak: too tired to cook a lot - which is bad, because take out is salty
14. 75% BETTER - see above comments regarding weakness: can't hold my arms above my head so I don't blow dry my hair etc because my arms just get too weak
15. NOT TESTED...trouble eating soup - lower lip doesn't always cooperate
16. 95% BETTER - OMG I didn't even know how much sensitivity I'd lost all over! no barefoot camping for me any more! : I can walk on pine needles.
17. 95% BETTER: I still remember - but am not a zombie any more! understanding what a zombie feels like...
18. KEPT THIS ONE :O) acute ability to identify people that I do not need in my life
19. 0% BETTER: trouble focusing my eyes
20. 10% BETTER: trouble concentrating
21. KEPT THIS ONE: the ability to drink copious amounts of kale smoothies :) Thank you Dr. Embry
22. 100% GONE: Cane has been at the back of the closet since I got home from Bulgaria :) :walk with a cane due to dizziness (hopefully, I can "forget" the cane in Sophia...)
23. 50% BETTER: Loss of sexual sensitivity
24. 100% BETTER: See point 22 above: walking heal/toe makes the vertigo a lot worse, so I use a cane
25. 50% BETTER: jerky legs when I sleep... thank goodness for king size beds!
26. 95% BETTER: tremors in my arms
27. 75% BETTER - It is amazing actually feeling rested after naps & a good sleep now! : having a really good sleep, but waking up more exhausted than when I went to bed
28. 45% WORSE - My eye doctor is monitoring me - he's not sure what is going on but had said I could be adjusting to the new proper blood flow. I am also looking into vestibular physiotherapy: eyes do not track properly
29. 95% BETTER: bladder spasticity & urgency issues
Tessa, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you; oh and did I THANK you?! Your open honesty is really eye opening! I had a consultation yesterday to have the procedure; however, have to wait until next week for the doc to check into some things. I had so many questions I wanted to ask either you or Ginger, but did not want to pry! You have answered most of my questions here in your blog! I have a better idea of what to expect. Hope you still believe! I do! Believing you will continue to improve! No need to give up now! As I've heard said, You didn't get were you are overnight and it will take a little time (whatever that is?) to get where you are going! ♥
ReplyDelete