Tuesday, 7 September 2010

a matter of perspective...

a friend asked "why my eyes were 45% worse"? ... got me thinking... is it that they are worse, or is it because so many of the constant frustrations in my daily live have been alleviated, are the eyes, cognitive issues and left side weakness that I still experience only MAGNIFIED by there being so few symptoms to focus upon...

hmm... I placed so much of the troubles I was having on evil primary MS Fatigue that a lot of things were not on the forefront of my daily body check radar. I think that now, because I am feeling so good in so many new ways, the "old" problems which I still have are taking the spotlight.

My eyes are truly not worse than they were 1 or 2 months pre angioplasty. The still do not track properly... I still have trouble focusing & I have trouble on the computer. Could this be due to the fact that my right jugular was only able to get 55% blood flow returned or is it due to an MS lesion still powering away in my brain?

My cognitive issues are worse - I have clinical evidence that the worsening began with the non-approved (by my neurologist) return to work plan in September FAILED and made me sicker. I am so afraid because this is due to brain damage from MS lesions and will not improve. My occupational therapist says there is nothing I can do to help the particular cog issues I have. This TERRIFIES me!

I can only hope with time & the body's miraculous power of healing, the cognitive issues will get better (fingers, toes, eyes all crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment