Thursday, 2 September 2010

45+ years of neurological damage....

Yes, I am having disability co troubles yet again....

CCSVI angioplasty restores proper blood flow... it does NOT instantly remove the neurological damage! I am 100 times better now than I was before angioplasty, but I am worse in other ways & taking time to heal & build strength in muscles which have had no strength.

I have not worked full time in over 12 years. They sent me a return to work plan (RTW) which has NOT been approved by my neurologist. I won't go into details - but in a nutshell, they expect me back full time by November 2010! Fuck, I wish I was even close to being strong enough, cognitively capable and physically able to achieve this!!!!!

My neurologist's instructions, as supported by my general practitioner & occupational therapist, were that I not return to work for 6 months until my neurologist has the opportunity to again reassess my condition and I have more time to heal (hopefully) from the angioplasty. My cognitive function is still shit... made worse by the last unapproved RTW forced upon me by the disability co... my lawyer friend is SALIVATING to dig his teeth into a law suit - we will win, clinical evidence is strong - but I do not want to have to go that route!

When he (neuro) tested me 2 weeks post angioplasty, I was back to 2008 levels (yay) - but... I was NOT working full time in 2008, nor have I since my return to Calgary in 1998.

I am so very NOT strong enough for another fight. I am trying to stay positive - but man, it's f*cking hard.

Sorry for the bad language, but I just do not have the right words.

T
xo
p.s. I'm still positive - just a bit pissed off

1 comment:

  1. I am failing Zen... I must let this go... be free... my karma is good :)

    om

    ReplyDelete